Marchesi 1824 S.r.l., (hereinafter also as the “Company”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity and security of your personal data (“Personal Data”) that you may share with us, and hereby informs you on how we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
We will process your Personal Data in compliance with current applicable laws on data protection, including the European General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 – “GDPR”), together with the principles and general rules of conduct contained in the Code of Ethics adopted by the Prada Group, to which the Company belongs.
1-Type and source of data
During their normal operation, the computer systems and software procedures used to operate our Website collect certain personal data (log files). The transmission of such data is inherent to the use of internet communication protocols. This information is not collected in order to be associated with specific data subjects. However, due to its nature, this information can allow users to be identified by means of its processing and integration with data held by third parties. Such information includes the IP addresses or domain names of the computers you use to visit our Website, URIs (Uniform Resource Identifiers) of the resources requested, the time of the request, the method used to submit the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in reply, the numerical status code of the server reply (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters concerning the user's operating system and computer environment. This data is used with the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of our Website and to guarantee its correct operation.
In particular, the Website uses technical cookies which are strictly necessary for the Website operation and do not require your consent to be installed on your device. You can set your browser to block or receive notifications about these cookies, but this may cause inconvenience to your browsing on the Website and prevent you from enjoying certain Website’s functionalities.
You can find below the links to the instructions of the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer - http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera - http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari - http://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191
For further information about deleting or blocking cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Personal Data voluntarily provided by the data subject
We collect and process the Personal Data that you directly and voluntarily provide through our Website, by phone, email or incoming text messages and/or at our Restaurant, when you (i) reserve a table, (ii) attend to our events, (iii) subscribe to our newsletter, (iv) send us a request and/or otherwise use our services.
Depending on what you provide us with, the items of Personal Data may include your first and last name, title, location, email address(es), telephone number(s), credit card information, billing address and/or any other information regarding you that you may decide to provide during the interactions with our staff.
Personal Data of minors
You must be at least 16 years old (or older depending on your country or state of residence) in order to provide us with Personal Data.
If we have actual acknowledge that a minor has provided, through the Website or otherwise, their Personal Data without a verifiable consent of parent of legal guardian, we will take all reasonable measures to delete or make anonymous the minor’s Personal Data from our systems.
2-Purposes and legal bases of the processing
Your Personal Data may be processed and used for the following purposes:
- to provide you with services and information you request from us and communicate with you;
- to fulfil your reservation request and perform all management activities connected with it (including payment processing and invoicing), and to comply with any applicable legal or regulatory obligations;
- to send you by email the newsletter and other marketing communication regarding the Restaurant and other products, services, initiatives and events of the Company and/or the Prada Group’s as a result of your subscription to the service.
We collect and use your Personal Data based on one or many of the legal basis provided for by the applicable data protection laws, including:
- the processing is necessary in connection with any contract between you and the Company or for the taking of pre-contractual steps at your request (e.g. when you make a reservation);
- we have obtained your consent (e.g., when you opt-in to receive our newsletter and other marketing communications). Please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, by using the “unsubscribe” link included in all of our commercial electronic communications or by sending an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org;
- we have to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- the processing is necessary for claiming legal rights or as part of judicial or security procedures.
3-Nature of the provision of personal data
The provision of your Personal Data is optional.
However, if you wish to reserve a table, participate in our events, receive our newsletter, and/or use any other services, you need to fill in all mandatory fields of the relevant forms and provide us with the required Personal Data as necessary in relation to the purposes for which they will be processed. If you do not provide this information, then it may delay or prevent us from processing your request, responding to your query or providing you with the requested services
Your Personal Data will be processed by suitable electronic or automated means and computerized tools, or manually and on hard copy, exclusively for the purposes for which the data have been collected and guaranteeing the security and confidentiality of any processed information through the adoption of appropriate measures to prevent the alteration, cancellation, destruction, unauthorized access or processing or actions not in accordance with the purpose of collection.
Your Personal Data will be processed by our internal staff committed to the confidentiality and duly authorized to do so under their respective job duties.
5-Transfer and disclosure of data
Whenever necessary and/or instrumental to the abovementioned purposes, your Personal Data may be processed on behalf of the Company by other entities (third parties) engaged by us in the correct and regular pursuit of the described purposes, including:
- Related Companies: the parent company Prada S.p.A. and other Prada Group companies;
- Service Providers: third party service providers, consultants and firms providing advisory and/or consulting activities, or performing related services that are instrumental to the processing on our behalf, including website analytic services, hosting, transaction and payment processing, booking portal management, IT maintenance, etc.
All entrusted parties are bound by a strict confidentiality agreement including a contractual obligation to implement appropriate security measures to protect the Personal Data shared with them and to process such data solely within the scope of the work outsourced.
As the Company is part of an international network, your Personal Data may be transferred abroad, even temporarily, in accordance with applicable legislation, including to countries outside the European Union, by adopting all appropriate security measures and safeguards to ensure an adequate level of data protection and security.
Under no circumstances will Personal Data be disclosed to unknown persons.
Your Personal Data will be processed and stored for: (i) as long as required to carry out the purposes for which the data were collected, (ii) in accordance with the storage periods required by the applicable laws, or (iii) until you revoke your consent to the processing/storage of your Personal Data, if applicable. After the conclusion of such period(s), and where there is no legal or business purposes for retaining your Personal Data, it will be automatically and permanently erased or made anonymous.
7-Data controller and contacts
Marchesi 1824 S.r.l.
Via Santa Maria alla Porta 11/a, 20123 Milan (Italy)
Group Data Protection Officer
Please note that you may exercise the rights under the applicable data protection laws (and in particular under the articles 15 to 21 of the GDPR), including the right to request information as to whether your Personal Data is being processed and as to the characteristics of the processing, the right to rectification and erasure of your Personal Data, to limitation of the data processing and/or the right to object to the processing and/or request the transmission of your Personal Data to another controller, and/or the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, including the Italian Garante per la protezione dei dati personali (www.garanteprivacy.it) or take legal action if you believe there is non-compliance with the provision of the applicable laws.
You also have the right to withdraw your consent for the processing of your Personal Data at any time, without charge. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
9-Links to other websites
Last updated: July 2023